UK Youth Parliament in Hertfordshire

The UK Youth Parliament is a national organisation that represents people aged 11 to 18 and aims to deal with the issues that young people face.

Ukyp Logo 371X101

What is UK Youth Parliament?

The UK Youth Parliament has over 600 young people elected across the country who represent their peers and encourage the government, charities, companies and other organisations to take the views of young people seriously.

Within the UK Youth Parliament, all local authorities are represented and elected members of UKYP represent the young people in their localities.


Who are Hertfordshire UKYPs?

Ukyp Logo

HertsUKYP is a group of ten young people elected to a twelve month term representing young people of the county locally, regionally and nationally.

There are five Members of Youth Parliament (MYPs) and five Deputy Members of Youth Parliament (DMYPs), each one elected to represent their own specific district in the county.

With effect from February 2012, young people elected have led on the work of Herts1125 that consults with young people across the county on the top five issues voted for in the elections. They also meet with decision makers from the council as well as elected members and local organisations to share the views of young people and effect change where possible. 


Want to get involved?

For more information or to register contact or telephone on 01992 555802


HertsUKYP not for you?

Not everyone wants to be part of UKYP but we believe all young people have a voice and an opinion that deserves to be heard.

This was one of the reasons behind members of HertsUKYP 2011 forming Herts1125. Local youth councils and forums also have opportunities for young people to attend and get involved in making changes in their local communities. 

What else do you get out of it?

Volunteering your time is a great way not only to learn new skills but also to get recognition that can be used towards the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, or to develop your CV whether it is for employment, college or university.