Audience: KS1 & KS2
Age: Year 5 and above
Group size: 12 students (max): 1 Tutor. At least one member of school staff must accompany the group.
Activity Length: 1hr 30min
Activity Session Overview
This activity gives participants the opportunity to have a go at the sport of Archery. Participants will learn archery techniques and appropriate safety considerations. Each student will be able to develop their technique and accuracy over the course of the session.
Session aims and outcomes
- Take part in an outdoor and adventurous activity challenge.
- Learn, apply and develop new skills.
- Evaluate and recognise their own success through taking part in a series of games (competitive and collaborative).
- Consider how their actions influence the safety of others.
- Manage risks and stay safe.
- Take part in an activity that promotes a healthy, active life.
- Take part in an outdoor and adventurous activity which presents an intellectual and physical challenge.
- Develop techniques and improve performance in a competitive sport.
- Understand the safety implications when participating in an adventurous activity and how to manage risks to heath, stay safe and keep others safe.
- Be involved in an activity that promotes an active, healthy lifestyle.
- Be physically active for a sustained period of time.