Find out about travelling around Hertfordshire by public transport
Hertfordshire has good rail links into London and to other parts of the UK and is served by a number of major roads such as the M1, A1(M) and the M25.
Intalink - www.intalink.org.uk
Intalink is Hertfordshire's travel information website. You can:-
- Look at the latest information about travel in Hertfordshire
- Plan your journey (see below)
- Download timetables
- View town maps showing bus-stops and routes (Timetables section)
Plan your journey - To plan a specific bus or train journey and work out your journey time….
- Click on Plan your journey and select Traveline
- Enter the postcode of your home, destination and when you will be travelling
- Select your travel options – bus, train, coach, maximum walking time etc
- The Journey Planner will list your travel options
- Click on each option to see details of the journey
Travelling by bus
Bus and coach services in Hertfordshire are run by a number of different operators. You can use the journey planner to find out which companies run local routes and find out more information about their services from their website.
Discounted bus fares
- Hertfordshire Savercard - If you are aged 11-18, live in Hertfordshire and are in full-time education, a Hertfordshire Savercard can entitle you to discounted bus fares
- Arriva Buses - offer discounted Student Saver Tickets to all students - choose Services >South-East zone
Travelling to college
Click on the links below for information about financial support for travelling to the four further education colleges in Hertfordshire...
- Hertford Regional College
- North Hertfordshire College and information for students using Arriva buses
- Oaklands College
- West Herts College
Travelling by train
- You can check train times and plan a journey by rail using the National Rail website
- There are a number of different types of tickets available, depending on when and where you are travelling. Restrictions sometimes apply meaning that you may only be able to travel on certain trains, so it important to check this before you buy a ticket.
Discounted train fares
- Hertfordshire TrainCard - Discounted rail fares to and from Hertfordshire schools or colleges if you have left year 11, live in Herfordshire and are aged 16-18 on the day of application or will complete your course before your 19th birthday
- 16-25 Railcard -Discounted train fares for young people aged 16-25
Travelling into London
- For information about travelling into London, visit the Transport for London website
- If you travel into London on a regular basis, find out about a Travelcard or Oyster card
Click on the links on the left for information about travelling by public transport from different towns in Hertfordshire
Visit our TRAVEL page for our motorbike youth projects and other useful information.