Want to offer work experience?
Why not join our valuable bank of dedicated employers in helping to support your future employees?
Each year, thousands of businesses kindly offer and support young people with invaluable work experience placements across Hertfordshire. By offering work experience, employers are directly facilitating the learning journey of young people, providing a real understanding of the world of work and a better chance of securing a future job. This experience can go onto CV’s, university applications or be discussed at an interview for a job in the future, putting these young people ahead in the competitive job market. Employers therefore can directly influence the future workforce by helping young people gain their first taste of all important ‘employability skills’. A common response from employers is that young people do not have these essential skills needed for working life, but by offering work experience companies can directly help to combat this early on.
How would you benefit?
The benefits to students are far-reaching but it is equally as beneficial to employers in this two way partnership. Offering work experience can help your business in the following ways:
- Promotes your industry and raises your company profile in the local community.
- Enables young people to learn about your industry and what you do, so publicising the sector of employment for future employees.
- It is a tool to develop the management skills of staff.
- It can give ‘new perspectives’ on a project from a young person’s point of view which enables your company to see something from a different and often useful angle.
- The IT literacy of today’s young people can be utilised to support administrative tasks.
- It provides an extra ‘free’ person to help with simple tasks therefore freeing up other staff members to deal with more pressing work.
- It can provide you with important feedback about the culture and perception of your organisation which can be useful to improve staff satisfaction and your business environment.
- It is both rewarding and enjoyable to speak to a young person about the work that you do knowing it could influence their career path in some way.
Click on the links to the left to find out more about different types of work experience and about Link2+ - Youth Connexions' employer database and online booking system.
Youth Connexions offers other services for employers including vacancies and apprenticeships. Please refer to our employer leaflet for further information.
You can also register your interest on our Employer Contact Form