Are you under 18 and help to care for any individual with a physical and/or mental condition, drug or alcohol misuse?
Young people tell us they:
- enjoy helping their families, but don't know what to do when things become overwhelming
- wish they had a family life like many young people out there who don't have caring responsibilities
- hate to see their loved one suffering or needing help and they wish they could do more to help
- have money worries
- would love to know how to cope with tiredness, worry, stress, anger, sadness, loss and self-harming
What can you do:
Call in to one of our One Stop Shops where we can give you information, help and support you to cope with your feelings and worries.
Join one of our Youth Projects to get a break from your worries where you can make friends, build confidence and self-esteem, discuss issues of concern to young people, take part in sports, drama, dance, music, workshops and outdoor activities in a safe environment. Learn about life and others in an informal way.
Speak to a personal adviser at school or college.
Youth Projects and groups for Young Carers in Hertfordshire
- Young Carers Group - Harpenden
- Young Carers Project - Hemel Hempstead
- Young Carers Project - Hertford and Ware
- Young Carers Project - Welwyn - Hatfield