Children Looked After and Care Leavers
This section has information about services and opportunities available to Children Looked After in Herts including children looked after by other Local Authorities
Support from YC Hertfordshire
Youth Connexions Hertfordshire provides youth work, information, advice, guidance and support for young people aged 13 to 19. For young people leaving care, support is provided up to the age of 21 through the YC Hertfordshire One Stop Shops.
Care Leaver Hubs
YC Hertfordshire has five Care Leaver Hubs at our One Stop Shops across the county. Care leavers aged 16-21 can join a one-year project which supports them to become more independent in all areas of their lives. Find full details of the Care Leaver Hubs here.
Care leavers can get extra support and experiences of work to help them get into employment.
YC Hertfordshire Advisers will:
- Develop a personalised programme to help you identify your skills, what you are interested in and what work you would like to do in the future.
- Help you to improve your job detective skills, create CVs and personal statements and practice your interview skills to prepare for an experience of work.
- Find local experiences of work for you to improve your skills to get you ready for work.
- Help you reflect on your experience to identify the skills you have gained and give you individual support with applications for employment, education and apprenticeships.
- Continue to support you once you are in work
Call into your local YC Hertfordshire One Stop Shop or Centre