When people talk about drugs they often mean those that are controlled, those that are ‘illegal’ to buy or use.
Some drugs are only available after a certain age, but the issues remain the same for all drugs. How do they affect you, your life, your health, your friends and family, and not least of all your pocket. Drugs are never free.
Young people tell us:
- Its only weed, what's the harm
- My mates keep pressurising me to take drugs, everyone does it don't they?
- My friend couldn’t remember what happened one whole weekend
- We bought some pills and they gave us all diarrhoea
- I think it’s the late nights that make me forgetful, not the fact smoke weed everyday
What can you do:
Call in to one of our One Stop Shops where we can give you information, help you to keep safe and support you to cope with your feelings and worries.
Join one of our youth projects where you can make friends, build confidence and self-esteem, discuss issues of concern to young people, take part in sports, drama, dance, music, workshops and outdoor activities in a safe environment. Learn about life and others in an informal way.
Speak to a personal adviser at school or college.